Blog Archive

About us:

Rhuigi & Rhoxanne: a network.




6.03.2009

FLY $hit: Alana Dawn


ALANA DAWN
In every ad, music videos, commercials, movies, and t.v shows, there is a make-up artist behind it. But having the passion for doing it is a whole different subject.

1. What is your full name and where are you currently living?

My Name is Alana Dawn Arrieta and I live in LA county.


2. What do you specialize in?

I specialize in making women feel beautiful.


3. How long have you been a make-up artist? and for those who don't know, who have been your clients?


Well as long as I remember I've always wanted to be a makeup artist, in 1st grade I had a caboodle full of make-up. Besides doing makeup for friends during high school for dances, etc... I was hired onto MAC in 2003 as an artist and in 2007 I started Lady Art which my girl Azelle (The best hair stylist on the planet) and I go out and do hair and makeup for special occasions, weddings, and editorial work. Ultimately, our goal is to have Lady Art become and international agency for hair and make-up. I have worked with DIMEPIECE over the last 2 seasons, up and coming artists like Jordyn Taylor, Mateo, Second Nature,The Airborne Toxic Event, Designers: Jayson Alan swim wear, PSA clothing, MAGIC/ASR show models for Luxirie (by LRG). Currently working on most of the episodes for Myspace Music Feed. Azelle and I are in the works of setting up a series of Lady Art photo shoots called "INFLUENCE", shooting inspiring women, we have booked designers Melody Ehsani, Natalie Golonka of Jungle Gurl, and Laura and Ashley of DIMEPIECE.

4. What is your sole purpose in being a make-up artist?


There's nothing greater than being able to make someone feel good about themselves.

5. When was LadyArt established?

Lady Art was established in 2007 when my boyfriend Keven aka Kevion, kept pushing me to do what I loved, around the same time I was offered a full time position at the MAC store, so Lady Art got held back until I recently left MAC in January of 2009, I then started working with my girl Azelle who does Hair and we are a perfect team.


6. Where would you like to be in 5 years?


In five years I would like to have inspired many women across the world to believe in themselves and follow their dreams because thats where I know they will feel happiest. I also would love Lady Art to be hired world wide.


7. Any company or anyone particular you would love to work with?


If it was possible to work with Kevyn Acoin I would work for him for free so I could learn his tricks and be half as good, he was the best makeup artist by far.


8. As far as make-up what would you recommend is a must for ladies now a days? Tips?


I think its very important to show your personality through your makeup. You can get many tips on makeup from ladyartlooks.blogspot.com

9. So..what about PRMTVE? lol


PRMTIVE you guys are great! keep doing your thing, we look forward to seeing more of all the great work you showcase.


10. Any shoutouts? Last words you want to add?


Mel, Ash, and Nat its being able to meet and work in your environment that pushes me further, thank you for being great friends and supporting Lady Art. Azelle Lady Art wouldn't be the same without you, your the best! Kev thank you for being understanding and pushing me to follow my passion, Kev, Kai, Eli and Fam I love you!



WE SEE YOU LADYART!
SHOUT OUT TO ALANA AND AZELLE! YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!

No comments:

COPYRIGHT @ RHURHO.COM. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO PART OF ANY INFORMATION OR IMAGES LOCATED WITHIN THIS SITE MAY BE REPRODUCED, STORED OR TRANSMITTED WITHOUT PERMISSION OF THE COPYRIGHT OWNER.