Blog Archive

About us:

Rhuigi & Rhoxanne: a network.




9.24.2009

Fly $hit: U-N-I

We introduced ourselves to YO a while back and weirdly, havent had a chance to chill with him. Along side with Thurz, the duo continues to serve us with their art and love for music. We truly respect the creativity and hard-work these two individuals have.

I commend anyone doing what they love and sharing it with the world so I decided to do an interview with them so you guys can also get to know U-N-I a little bit. Unfortunately Thurz could not join us, but we were glad enough to feature half of U-N-I, YO. There was a bit of delay due to some traffic in our Passe life! So to our family YO, Sorry!

Anyway, enjoy folks! =)

Image and video hosting by P:Passe



1. For those who dont know, what is your name, what do you do, and what are you a part of?

YO!: Yell out YO! or Yonas (Yo-Nas). I drive a ice cream truck & I'm apart of a group called U-N-I

2. Where is your birth place?

YO!: Born in the south end of Seattle. Made way to Inglewood back in 96'

3. As a musician, what separates you from other groups, etc.?

YO!: We're not afraid to be different & not fit in the norm with everyone else. Our music is a reflection of our lifestyle in the past & present

4. What and who inspires you?

YO!: Megan Fox & Keri Hilson motivate me, 4real 4real aha. My mother is always motivation to me, she never went against my passion for music, but did tell me "You gone have to get yourself a job young man". KRS-1 was the guy that got me 2 write my verse when I was locked up in my room for something I did bad in the 6th grade. KRS-1 Boogie Down Production "Worldwide" album

5. Who would you like to work with in the future?

YO!: N.E.R.D., Outkast, Lilly Allen, Kenna, Santigold, Ghostface, Elsiane, Lykke Li, Justin Timberlake, Timberland, Just Blaze, Jay-Z, Coldplay, Justice, Kanye West, Maroon 5, Clipse, Keri Hilson, Denzel Washington & Meagon Fox


Image and video hosting by P:Passe



6. Any updates within the group itself and your music?

YO!: For those that dont know, we recently signed a single deal with Green Label. The record is called "Land Of The Kings"...download it for FREE @ www.greenlabelsound.com/uni

7. What brand represents you, or your group's attitude in music? How so?

YO!: There is no brand in my opinion that represents our struggle. Shot outs to Orisue, Pharmacy Boardshop, Altamont, ALIFE, Visvim, Lemar & Dauley, Watanabe

8. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

YO!: Headlining on stage in front of 1,000,000,000 screaming fans worldwide. A whole catalog of albums, books, movies, grammys & other awards. Beautiful family with kids in a lovely masion with elevators, movie theatre, bball court, gym, pool, cars for everyday of the week. Upscale clothing line

9. So...How do you like Passe(Rhu & Rho)? =)

YO!: The FUTURE!!! When can we get some clothes & lets do a photoshoot

10. Any last words, shout-outs?

YO!: www.YOThurz.com

Thank you a bunch YO and the U-N-I family! Passe definitely sees you! We need to do that shoot asap!
Check out their music
here.

Blessings!

No comments:

COPYRIGHT @ RHURHO.COM. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO PART OF ANY INFORMATION OR IMAGES LOCATED WITHIN THIS SITE MAY BE REPRODUCED, STORED OR TRANSMITTED WITHOUT PERMISSION OF THE COPYRIGHT OWNER.